How to be happy every day with these 7 simple tips?
How to be happy every day with these 7 simple tips?have you ever wondered how to be happier and have a better life? Surely yes, because it is one of the main aspirations of the human being. It is accompanied by a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction and, without a doubt, it is one of the most important feelings and that most influences our mood.
So much so, that its absence worries, and a lot, the experts. Research has even been carried out on their deficiency during adolescence and how their lifestyle conditions them. The amount of time they spend in front of screens has a lot to do with it! And much of it is spent immersed in social networks, a place where they can connect with everyone. However, this does not help them achieve that degree of contentment that they should be. That is why it is so shocking to know that a Harvard study , which has been underway for more than 80 years and which has followed the development of several men since 1938, has determined that what affects the most is the quality of the relationships we establish. And from them, you can learn how to be happier, because they have analyzed it in hundreds of different profiles!
After conducting interviews every two years and collecting all possible social and medical information, they have discovered that what has most affected the well-being of the participants in the degree of satisfaction with the people around them. These connections are the ones that really matter, right? They are a way to generate a feeling of well-being. Therefore, we want to share with you some things that will help you achieve it.
How to be happier and enjoy a healthier life
According to this report, the quality of friendships, couples, and family ties are decisive for enjoying a placid and, incidentally, healthier life. And for this, we must take care of those around us, as well as ourselves.
1. Be more honest and communicative
Sincerity is one of the most valued qualities in any person and one of the most valuable to maintain a healthy relationship of any kind. Lies never benefit either party and always have a way out. Even if our intentions in hiding such information were good, when it is discovered, the damage can be even greater. Trust is based on this principle: always tell the truth. Also in the case of communication, one of the skills that must be worked the most in any type of emotional bond. We are made to share our knowledge and feelings, and we can only do this from authenticity. Remember that it is the first step towards a fuller life.
2. Don’t hold back displays of affection
Don’t stop showing your affection to your loved ones. This positive energy will spread to all of them and they will return it to you with gratitude. Your example will teach others how to be happier through loving gestures.
3. Work on your empathy
It is defined as the “ability to identify with someone and share their feelings” according to the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy. We must help those around us to get out of that situation that causes them discomfort. Or, on the contrary, infect you with their joy! And this is a skill that can be worked on from childhood.
4. Help others
Probably, with the previous advice, you already intuited that this would also be on the list. But perhaps you have not stopped to think about the power that small gestures can have in your routine and in that of others. If you see that someone needs to carry a trolley or suitcase down some stairs and cannot, or is unable to hold the door of the portal while taking the shopping bags, offering you is a way to improve their situation, even for a moment. And afterward, you will feel much better too.
5. Always give something to others
How to be happier is a question that has obsessed many researchers and they have discovered several ways to be happy. Being generous is one of the best ways to do it! And it is that the results of the investigation titled ‘Spending Money on Others Promotes Happiness’ affirm that dedicating a percentage of your money, whatever it is, in a gift for a loved one has a great impact. The same goes for volunteering. Supporting a cause has a positive impact on your environment, and also on yourself.
6. Learn to let go of what is not good for you
The Harvard study also points out that men, as they got older, focused on the things that mattered most to them. In fact, Dr. Robert Waldinger, director of the same, says that “they tend to realize that life is short and are more likely to pay attention to everything that produces happiness at that moment.” That is, they let go of what torments them in their past and everything they do not like about their present to focus only on the good things. So, we recommend that you maintain a positive attitude and stay away from toxic situations or people around you.
7. And enjoy yourself
Spending some time taking care of yourself, both outside and inside, is essential. In order to carry out all of the above, you first have to be happy with yourself. One of the ways to do this is to relieve some of the pressure of our busy routine and really connect with the moment you are living. Taking a bath, taking a getaway, or enjoying yourself in peace, without the pressures of work and house or family maintenance can work miracles. And we don’t say it, it says this Harvard Business School study that explains how to be happier spending your money on the things that matter, for example on ‘buying’ time so that you can dedicate it to doing what you like the most.
How to be happy yourself?
how to be happy for yourself
Some secrets to find happiness
Learning to be happy is a common goal. Collective wisdom indicates that you can only learn to be happy once you learn to be happy with yourself.
Follow these 10 tips to be happy.
- Recognize that you have optionsAlthough you cannot avoid many of the difficulties that you will encounter in life, you can control how you will react. You will be happier when you realize that happiness is an option and not good luck for some people.
- Practice gratitudeEven in the most difficult times, there are things for which we have to be thankful. Recognizing the good in your life is essential to learning to be happy.
- SorryAnger against yourself or things that have happened to you or people can be a very heavy burden. When you learn to let go of that anger, you begin to learn how to be happy with yourself.
- AwarenessRecognize the importance of your thoughts on your quality of life. Focusing on bad things or negative emotions can be destructive. When you learn to see the positive side of things, you learn to be happier.
- FriendshipsFeeling included in a community of friends can be an important part of a happy life. Without the affection and companionship of friends, loneliness can detract from your health, happiness, and well-being.
- BreakGetting the right amount of sleep is important to feeling fresh and focused. Losing hours of sleep can affect your mood. You can improve your quality of life with good sleep habits and uninterrupted rest.
- MovementExercise stimulates your blood flow which helps you feel better at the same time. While some people enjoy vigorous exercise, and the endorphins it generates, even a small amount of movement can be beneficial and improve your mood, reduce your stress, and improve your sleep.
- Sun raysThe sun’s rays generally make people feel happier. Take advantage of the sunny day to go for a walk, but don’t forget your sunscreen. If in the environment where you live there is not much sun, you can resort to lamps that imitate sunlight. If wet or wintry weather affects you, consult your doctor. If you are pregnant or nursing, you should consult with your doctor to choose the appropriate sunscreen.
- CleaningKeeping your work and personal space clean and tidy can help lift your spirits. For example, some people are happier when they rearrange their furniture or tidy up their cabinets. If you feel overwhelmed in your space, try rearranging it a bit to increase your happiness.
- Small achievementsLearning to be happy depends, in part, on experiences. Try to define objectives and meet them. Start with small goals. Look for those that are easy to achieve. Design a plan to achieve them. The achievement of the objectives increases your confidence, and with it, your happiness.Finding happiness is a different task for each person. Try to make small changes in your life that will help you feel better. Over time, they will develop into good habits that will lead you to a happier and healthier life.
How to be happy every day with these 7 simple tips